These Paragon Ivory Coast Djembes are custom built to our specifications for sound and wood quality, dimensions and shape, and durability. By African-made standards these are high-end djembes, suitable for teachers, students, performance, and drum circles. The shell is carved of top-rate Iroko hardwood, precision crafted with even thickness, fully cleaned out, and well oiled. The skin, rope, and rings are the best of what is available to local drum builders. The shell quality is professional grade, as is the skin. The Ivory Coast djembe is available in 3 sizes,all with same colors of rope and cloth, and similar geometric designs carved into the base.
- Available in three sizes: 13×24, 14×24, and 15×25.
- Carved by hand in Ivory Coast in the traditional method out of a single piece of well-seasoned Iroko hardwood
- Thick Ivorian goat skin head, untreated with chemicals, and shaved close for comfortable playing surface
- Multiple coats of shea butter/karite to help wood acclimate and prevent cracking
- Well shaped bearing edge, curved inside and out, for comfort and sound quality
- Vertical ropes precision tuned, with first few tuning knots done in our shop
- Partial base carvings include variety of geometric designs, according to artists creativity
- The purchase of this product sustains livelihoods for cultural artisans in West Africa