The Paragon Ivory Coast Carved Conga set of drums from Africa Heartwood Project are hand-carved out of solid Iroko hardwood and headed with thick, natural cow skin, giving each one a full, rich sound with big tones and an impressive bass range. Fully tunable with the ring & rope tension system. Available in 4 sizes: 10″ Quinto, 11″ Conga, 12″ Tumbadora, and 13″ Super Tumba.
- Solid one-piece construction, hand carved out of a single piece of Iroko wood in Ivory Coast
- Thickm, natural cow skin head, hair on playing surface
- Cloth wrapped flesh and bottom rings to protect skin and rope
- Treated with shea butter to help wood acclimate and prevent cracking
- Bearing edge rounded for long skin life and comfort whilst playing
- Rope handle securely attached to make transportation easier
- Wide mid-body and narrow base opening to round out tones
- Ledge carved to keep bottom ring in position as tension is added
- Fully tunable roping system using the Mali weave
- Pictures are representative. Actual drum may vary in appearance, but will match the written descriptions.
- The purchase of this product sustains livelihoods for cultural artisans in West Africa.