These dunun drums are part of the Classic line of imported drums from Africa Heartwood Project, and are a travel drum set, which offers a more compact size and reduced weight.They are sold as a set with average sizes: Dundumba 16″x16″ – Sangban 13″x13″ – Kenkeni 10″x10″.See Online Price with Free Shipping Buy On
Classic Travel Dunun Set
Our innovative Travel Dunun Drum Set removes portability and storage problems common to full-size dunun. While still offering full volume and depth of sound, the compact size and reduced weight make it easier for performers and teachers to travel with their dunun. These dunun drums are part of the Classic line of imported drums from Africa Heartwood Project, and feature:
- sold as a set with average sizes: Dundumba 16″x16″ – Sangban 13″x13″ – Kenkeni 10″x10″
- pre-tuned and tested before shipping, comes to you ready to play
- solid one-piece construction using Mansonia, a legally harvested hardwood abundant in Ghana wood treated with at coconut oil and shea butter, then sealed on the outside to preserve and protect the wood new African cow skin on both sides, hair left on to mellow the sound and for protection
- crown rings wrapped in cloth for long rope life
- each bearing edge coated with wax to protect and seal the wood
- tapered wood dunun beater included with each drum
- The dunun (DOO-noon) family of drums (aka djun djun or dun dun) provides the rhythmic and melodic base for the most West African ensemble drumming. This family of double-headed, cylindrical, rope-tension drums consists of the doundoumba (largest), sangban (medium), and kenkeni (smallest).
- The purchase of this product sustains livelihoods for cultural artisans in West Africa.
Sizes & Prices
|Model||Size||Description||Retail Price (USD)|
|TDDSET||16x16, 13x13, 10x10||Travel Dunun set||$400|